This is an exciting opportunity to join a cross-functional team developing and operating the Heroku Private Spaces product (https://www.heroku.com/private-spaces). Private Spaces are built on Heroku’s latest application runtime architecture, internally named Dogwood. We’re developing a cohesive set of features and capabilities aimed at customers with demanding security, isolation, compliance and runtime requirements.
Within the team, engineers are comfortable moving up and down the technology stack, from web app development down to infrastructure services. Team members have areas of domain expertise, such as containerization, networking, API development, HTTP routing services, etc, but everyone is expected to understand the entire system and help develop it and operate it in production.
- Contribute throughout the full stack, from APIs and web applications to core infrastructure services
- Develop and operate critical production applications written in Go and Ruby
- Serve on the team’s on-call rotation and respond to production incidents and investigations
- Contribute to architectural design discussions and technical decisions
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing and deploying
- Proficiency developing production applications written in Ruby and Go
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Experience developing and operating critical production systems
- Familiarity with AWS services (VPC, SWF, IAM, CloudFormation, Kinesis, DynamoDB)
Bonus skills or experience
- Experience with frontend web development, HTML/CSS or frameworks like Ember.js
- Experience with deployment tooling, monitoring, alerting, dashboard visualizations, load testing or live system debugging